Some guidelines for your essay on Friday:
- Your essay prompt will be the following question: how does the voice work for singing? I expect your answer to come in at least three (thoughtful) paragraphs with a short summarizing/concluding paragraph at the end
- You may NOT use your notes or the paragraphs that you have written in class as reference. You must memorize the processes of breathing, making sound and modifying sound.
- I WILL project a list of vocab thay I expect you to include in your essay. You may use this vocab as a part of your outline as well.
- I expect your thoughts, paragraphs and sentences to be organized. You will not be as rushed as you have been during groups so please make en effort to outline your essay before you begin writing.
- Grammar and spelling count
- This is a formal essay. Please do not use casual language.
Things to look out for that will most assuredly cost you points on your essay:
- just reciting vocab without telling me how that vocab relates to the process of singing.
- breath vs breathe. Know the difference.
- cord vs chord. Likewise.
- mispellings of words on your vocab list.
- incomplete sentences. (Gotta have subjects AND verbs kids!)
Your essay will be worth 50 points, graded on a similar rubric to your history paragraphs.