We wish many, many of you could participate in our solo festival but alas, we have limited time with our judges so here is the list of those who are nominated this year.
For those of you who are new the festival, here are some details:
- The Solo Festival is an opportunity for our students to receive feedback from professional singers on your All State solo. The idea is that this will help you to further prepare for your All State audition in November as well as give you some general feedback on how you present yourself in auditions.
- You will not receive a score at Solo Festival, only comments.
- The only thing you will sing at the Festival will be your All State solo.
- The judges will provide commentary on every aspect of your performance (including attire, slate and general demeanor) so plan accordingly!
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner in each category, selected by our judges. All winners will be expected to learn the extended solo, beyond the 90 second cut that you'll sing for your All State audition. All winners will perform the full solo in front of their individual classes and 5th period. The 1st place winners will also get to sing on the fall concert.
- Both of our judges are professional singers and voice teachers who are familiar with high school voices (but are not affiliated with Pebblebrook).
- Our 11th/12th grade judge is Penelope Bitzas, Associate Professor of Music at Boston University. Her bio can be found here.
- Our 9th/10th grade judge is Alexis Lundy, an Atlanta-Based soprano and two-time winner of the Metropolitan National Council District Auditions. Her bio can be found here.
If you are on the list of nominees, be sure to sign up for a time slot ASAP to secure your spot in the festival!
9th/10th Sign Up
11th/12th Sign Up